Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

• 0 Replies

Carol Steele

• Forum Administrator | Tech Guru | Dogsbody
  • Administrator
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
« on: May 03, 2015, 10:22:46 PM »
What is a Patient Participation Group?
It is a group of patients who work with the doctors and practice staff to improve services for everybody who attends the the practices. We would like our two groups (the Main Working Group and the Virtual Group) to be a representative as possible of the rich diversity of people who are registered with the practices.

Do I have to attend meetings?
If you decide that you would like to join the Main Working Group, then yes, we hold between 4 and 6 meetings a year (generally early evening) and it is hoped that you would attend as many of these as you can.
For the Virtual Group, we have these forums whereby you can view topics which are under discussion, create your own new topic and generally give your point of view over topics which you might feel will enhance the services that the practices provide for the patients.  This can be done whenever you have a few minutes to spare via our online forums.

Why are we asking people for their contact details?
We would need to be able to contact you from time to time if you wish to be involved in either of the two groups.

Why do I need to provide personal information about myself?
In an effort to make the Patient Participation Groups as representative as possible of our patients, it helps us to understand the demographic of the groups.

Will my doctor be able to see this information?
No, you may use a pseudonym as a user name if you prefer to remain anonymous - once you have been verified as a registered patient at either of the practices.

Who else will be able to access my contact details and personal information?
The details that you provide will not be used for any other purpose - or shared with anybody else.

How often will you want to contact me?
Just a few times a year if you are a member of the Main Working Group, but far less if you are a member of the Virtual Group.

Am I required to take part in these Patient Participation Groups?
Absolutely not - neither will it impact upon your treatment by the doctors and staff of the practices should you not wish to join.  It is a purely voluntary thing in order to improve, where possible, the services that the practices are able to give the patients.

Can I change my membership from the Virtual Group to the Main Working Group (and vice versa)?
Absolutely - although the Main Working Group is restricted to between 10 to 15 members (mainly due to constrictions of space for our meetings) whereas the Virtual Group can be any size.  We understand that a persons work or social life might change from time to time and that they will need cut back on voluntary commitments at these times (or indeed increase them).

What if I no longer wish to take part in either of the groups (or leave the practices)?
Let us know that you no longer wish to take part and your details will be deleted - this does not preclude you joining again at a later date should you wish to do so - all you would need to do in those circumstances is apply to join again.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:36:26 PM by Carol Steele »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk